THE HISTORIC Y takes pride in nurturing a full-service professional office community of artists, activists, progressives and professionals dedicated to making the world a better place with a personable, responsive on-site maintenance and management team. We’re always looking for like-minded people and enterprises who will enjoy and build upon the synergy of our unique community.
Striving to be a cultural resource for the city of Tucson, The Historic Y provides creative leadership in the following areas:
- as a dynamic Performing Arts Center offering instruction, support, and performances to the public through several resident companies devoted to music, theater, and dance
- as a Visual Arts Center, offering studio and office space to artists, photographers, craftspeople, designers, and engineers as well as exhibition and showcasing opportunities in our courtyard, conference room, and other common areas
- as a Healing Arts Center offering a supportive and nurturing environment for counseling, massage, acupuncture, yoga, reiki, meditation, and other modalities
- as a Center for Education, home to a progressive public middle school, a college-level border studies program, a communication-training studio, and a nonprofit providing programs and services for the advancement of environmental literacy
- as Tucson’s original Environmental Resources Center, home to one of Tucson’s largest concentrations of nonprofit organizations devoted to environmental protection, conservation, sustainability, education, recreation, and the development of green technologies
- as a Center for Social Justice and Human Rights, where resident organizations and concerned citizens come together to fight for equality, social justice, environmental protection, and the safeguarding of vulnerable populations
The Historic Y strives to be the preferred home in Tucson for those doing exemplary work in the arts, education, human rights and environmental justice. For a full list of existing tenants and their missions, please visit our interactive directory.
The Historic Y offers competitive rates on month-to-month, yearly, and multi-year leases. Offices typically have large windows, ample light, high ceilings, and original wood moldings. Office tenants enjoy free use of a 500 sq. ft. conference room, beautiful and inviting lobby, shady urban courtyard, a personable and responsive management and maintenance team, utilities, employee and customer parking lot, and forced-air heating and air conditioning.
Rates and Requirements
Monthly rents on smaller finished office suites are typically around $3.00 per square foot (arts, education and non-profit rate is around $2.40 per square foot ) per month based on a one-year lease. Shorter terms are usually negotiable at slightly higher lease rates. Price per square foot runs less on average for larger suites and unfinished studio spaces. Rents are all-inclusive and typically include janitorial, common-area maintenance, use of conference room, and all utilities except for telephone and internet. Wireless internet service provided by Cox Cable (300 Mbps download, 30 Mbps upload) is available in the conference room and other common areas; basic wireless internet service may be provided in some smaller offices for an additional fee. A refundable security deposit equal to one month’s rent is required at time of lease signing. The city and county assess a 3.1% tax on rents. Tenants must also contract separately for a liability insurance policy which shall remain in effect throughout the term of the lease. This typically runs around $35 per month on a smaller space.
Please fill out our contact form if you would like more information, to arrange a tour, or to be kept informed of upcoming vacancies.